All foreign investors who are planning to establish their business in the Netherlands should refer to the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency. NFIA provides information, advice and practical assistance, as well as access to a broad network of business partners and government institutions in the Netherlands.
The Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA) is an operational unit of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs. Throughout the years it has supported thousands of companies from all over the world to successfully establish their business in the Netherlands.
The Agency can provide help and assistance for all issues that foreign investors in the Netherlands might encounter:
- Set up preliminary in-person meetings and provide up-to-date, personalized information on the Netherlands in general, relevant business locations, Dutch legislation and tax regulations, labor issues, permit procedures, governmental incentives and many other subjects;
- Offer personal guidance and counseling, starting in the country of origin, regarding site selection and logistics strategies, tax structures, labor and permits;
- Arrange contacts with relevant business partners, government authorities, a variety of Dutch networks and service suppliers, and other relevant contacts in the investment process;
- Organize customized fact-finding trips in close cooperation with its network of regional economic development partners;
- Support the preservation and further enhancement of a favorable Dutch investment climate;
- Present concrete solutions that simplify and optimize establishment in the Netherlands;
- Provide matchmaking assistance for foreign technology companies seeking European partners;
- Tailor-made support by NFIA agri-food and chemical industry specialists;
- Deliver advocacy towards national and EU governments.